Perhaps now is a good time to also list the good things that have happened since I started with the new company. It's been two months and I've adjusted to the pace. I could get used to this:
- My hours are pretty set, work starts at nine and ends at six, from Monday to Friday.
- My commute is half what it was before.
- I have no problems finding parking.
- I can have lunch with my parents or with Emily.
- No long and meandering meetings.
- No long and officious letters or memos.
- I have room to develop my philosophy and spirituality, sans distractions.
- I can remain focused on one thing for stretches at a time.
- I am working with young and competent people.
- I have a very quiet work environment, which leaves time for reflection and concentration.
And the pay...well, I won't be talking about that.
So yeah, this is good.