The Open Data Project that I set in motion over a year ago has now started. I have a team of encoders that's doing the work of converting data from print and PDF to tabular spreadsheet format so that they're easier to process and analyze. This morning I had them convert census data from the Philippine Statistics Authority for practice. Then I asked our Institute of Mindanao Economics if they had data they wanted to convert. We're slowly building pipeline.
The challenge with this project is that so few people in school understand what it's supposed to be and what its impact will be. People are leery of giving their data away. And that's what I hope to do with this proof of concept, to change people's minds and make them look at data in a new way.
So far I'm very happy with the team I have. Quick learners and very focused. I hope we can keep this up for the next few months.