Visita Iglesia is a Holy Week Filipino tradition. After Holy Thursday services, the Eucharist is laid in the Altar of Repose for a vigil till midnight. At this time, many Filipinos drop by the different churches, seven being the usual number.
Ordinarily, I'd be happy to visit one or two, but this year, Mother and I completed visits to seven churches. I didn't think we'd hit that number in Davao, but we did.
1. Carmelite Monastery in Bajada
2. Redemptorist Church in Bajada
3. Assumption Church in F. Torres
4. St. Paul Church in Matina
5. San Pedro Cathedral downtown
6. Sta. Ana Church in, well, Sta. Ana
7. Sacred Heart Church in Obrero
Quite a number of people visited the churches. Up till midnight, the churches were packed. Sometimes we'd see familiar strangers as we had followed the same routes.
In this time of trial, it's good to see the Faith very much alive.