Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Ripped page effect

Been trying to do a "ripped page" effect using GIMP and Inkscape. With a bit more time on my hands today (as acting secretary and receptionist for Notespell), I finally managed to get it done. Not as good as I imagined it would be, but I did manage it.

For this effect, I scanned in an actual ripped page. Not the entire thing, just the edge. Then I used it as a layer mask for the picture underneath. I had to play around with multiple layers to get the effect I wanted. Lots of tweaking with the fuzzy select tool and transparencies. Final assembly in Inkscape.

1 comment:

  1. I've done a few of the fake IDs I use with the scammers using GIMP but I haven't used Inkscape yet. After reading your post, I decided to download it and see what I can do.

    ReplyDelete