Well, looks like the master of the blades spoke too soon. I brought my class to the IBM Blue Room and told them to proceed with the laboratory exercises. Having built up the confidence with Remote Deployment Manager, they could now proceed to apply the same to the BladeCenter.
The first PXE boot screen went as we expected, with the preliminary software loading correctly on the blade. The second one bypassed PXE completely and went straight to the hard disk operating system.
For those of you who think I am speaking gibberish (and in reality, I am, but IBM trains us very well for that), it simply translates to: I was screwed.
I was up the creek without a paddle.
I was lost in the desert without a map.
I didn't have a clue.
Several retries produced the same thing. I dismissed the class at 5:00PM to mull over the problem.
Finally, I discovered what was causing the glitch. Wake-on-LAN startup was configured to jump directly to the hard disk, instead of running PXE. More gibberish, yes, but this translates to: problem solved.
I am so buff. Yeah!
Okay, I better duck and take cover before the Universe decides to throw something else at this boastful fool.